Wednesday, October 3, 2007

The Cure would be proud

♪ I don't care if Monday's blue
Tuesday's gray and Wednesday too
Thursday I don't care 'bout you
It's Friday I'm in love ♪

For those of you who aren't music trivia nerds like me, the above is an excerpt from the song "Friday I'm In Love" by The Cure. It was the #1 song on the Billboard Modern Rock charts from June 13th to July 4th, 1992. What does this song have to do with my wife and unborn child? Not much... Oh, except that Cori is going to be induced on Friday.

I'm so excited that I may just break into spontaneous song, complete with choreographed dance and orchestral accompaniment. I'm also envisioning a wild west themed set and a silver-haired cowboy with an old beat-up guitar playing the role of the narrator. What do you think? Too much? Okay, never mind then.

Regardless, I'm totally jazzed up about it. Having an actual date on the calendar makes it seem startlingly real to me. That's not to say that it wasn't real before now... I certainly wasn't under the misconception that Cori had simply been smuggling beach balls for the last few months, it's just especially real when we're measuring the time until the event in hours. Before yesterday, the birth was a just terribly exciting moment to be discovered at some point in the eventual future. Now it's Friday.

I'll be sure to post plenty of baby pictures as soon as I get them.

No comments: