Friday, September 28, 2007

Almost a near-miss

Well, no major news to report, but here I am anyway. The baby hasn't dropped, and there have been no steady contractions, so we're still in "wait for it" mode for now. I'm done with overtime for a little while, not having signed up for any shifts past the due date, so that'll be a little easier on my sleep schedule (though not on my wallet). Cori is clearly disappointed that nothing has actually happened yet, and seems nearly retired to the idea of an inevitable C-Section. I'm trying to be more positive, but I think I just end up coming across as annoying.

There's one positive thing she can't deny, however. Today is our 5th wedding anniversary, and with the official due date being tomorrow, Cori was worried that the baby might be born on our anniversary, forever "stealing" that day of the year from us. Well, unless she's already in labor and has simply decided not to inform me, it looks like we're probably going to go at least a few days past our anniversary before baby gets here.

Five years... wow. It's truly amazing that she hasn't choked me to death by now. You know, now that I think about it, I've never even lived at the same address for five years. Oh, I'm sure this landmark accomplishment has very little to do with any redeeming qualities of my own, and much more to do with Cori's remarkable level of patience with my notable lack of redeeming qualities. Regardless, we've made it a whole five years, and I haven't driven her completely crazy yet. Don't worry, I'm sure I will have made some progress by this time next year... Stay tuned.

No comments: