Monday, September 24, 2007

Any day now... please?

It's four days till the due date, and I'm having trouble being patient. Cori is uncomfortable pretty much all the time now, and it's hard for her to sleep for more than a couple hours at a time. I'm working 64 hours a week so that we can recuperate some of the income lost when she left her job, and in spite of her positive attitude about it, I think my heavy schedule is really starting to wear on her.

Later this morning we get to go to the doctor's office for an ultrasound, presumably to get the baby's approximate weight. The doctor wasn't really clear on what the weight would help us determine at this point, but Cori is hoping that if it's high enough, they'll be willing to just induce labor. I am by no means so confused that I think having a baby will be a vacation, but I'm pretty tired from my marathon work schedule. As such, I kinda hope they induce as well, if only so I can take my vacation days from work.

Even with all the job-related stress and the waiting for the baby to arrive, I have to say that I am as happy as I have ever been. I'm absolutely bubbling over with excitement about becoming a father for the first time, I'm overwhelmingly blessed to be in a job where I can pick up so much overtime and provide for my family, and the Eagles finally won a game this past Sunday. Okay, okay, football doesn't really fit in with the other major life events, but good news is good news, I say.

For those of you who haven't seen it yet, here's the video from the ultrasound (complete with fancy-schmancy background music provided by Allison Krauss):



...and because Google's embedded video functionality is sometimes less than dependable, here are two different direct links to the video as well: [ Google ] [ Magicite ]

I'll post again when we have more news.

No comments: