Thursday, October 4, 2007

No time like the present

Well, tonight is the night. Cori's mother and sister arrived a few hours ago, and they're tearing the house apart in preparation for the arrival of the baby. I've decided that the best place for me is "out of the way" for now, unless called upon to lift something heavy. Really, since this pregnancy began, that's been my primary role... Stay out of the way, and lift stuff. I'm okay with my role, really. It's simple at least. Cori's job has been much more difficult. I'll take "lift this here heavy thing" over "safely incubate a precious and fragile life for the better portion of a year" every time.

So, in about an hour and a half or so, we'll throw the bags in the car and head off to the hospital. I tried to catch a few hours of sleep earlier in the afternoon, but it simply wasn't meant to be. My mind is racing at a hundred miles a minute, and there's just no way I can sleep right now. I figure once we get there we'll be too busy to sleep as well, so it's looking like maybe tomorrow afternoon or evening will be the next shut-eye for both of us.

I wish I had more clever things to say at the moment, but sadly, the baby-related stress has numbed my brain. I'll be taking my laptop computer to the hospital, and I'll be sure to post any breaking news or photos as soon as possible.

No comments: