Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Getting settled

Last night was a mostly sleepless one, but I'm told that is to be expected with most newborns right after arriving at home. Cori and I were up most of the evening with Isabella, but it wasn't nearly as frustrating as I thought it would be. Somehow even the sound of her crying makes me warm up from inside. As much as I want nothing more than to soothe her and make her happy, just knowing that this tiny life is calling out for some unspoken need and knowing that Cori and I are blessed to be the ones who are charged with answering that call... I think her cry may be the most beautiful sound I've ever heard.

My mom e-mailed me some of the photos that she got with her camera while she was here, so this batch doesn't line up with the rest by way of chronological order, but you get the idea:


No comments: